Blizzard Entertainment have announced that they have cancelled all Overwatch League events for March and April.
The events cancelled include:
- March 14-15: Florida homestand in Miami
- March 21-22: Atlanta homestand
- March 28-29: London homestand and San Francisco homestand in Daly City, California
- April 4-5: Washington D.C. homestand and Dallas homestand in Irving, Texas
- April 18-19: Toronto homestand and Los Angeles Valiant homestand
- April 25-26: Boston homestand and Dallas homestand in Allen, Texas
The announcement follows the coronavirus outbreak that has affected thousands worldwide. All events cancelled are in countries and/or states that have cases of the virus. Earlier today, the World Health Organization declared the outbreak a global pandemic.
The Florida Mayhem Florida Mayhem OWL Rank #7 , the San Francisco Shock San Francisco Shock OWL Rank #1 , the Dallas Fuel Dallas Fuel OWL Rank #16 and the Los Angeles Valiant Los Angeles Valiant OWL Rank #11 have offered refunds for those who purchased tickets for the homestands. The Washington Justice Washington Justice OWL Rank #18 have offered either a refund or the option to move tickets to another homestand. The London Spitfire London Spitfire OWL Rank #13 and the Toronto Defiant Toronto Defiant OWL Rank #15 will reveal info about tickets at a later date.
Activision-Blizzard Esports CEO Pete Vlastelica said on Twitter that the matches have not been cancelled, and that they will be played and broadcasted on YouTube. Blizzard also said that no other events have been affected.