GiG will play for an Overwatch League team for the first time in his career. He previously played for XL2 Academy before the team went on hiatus in November and became a free agent.
The two are the newest additions to the Valiant. Last month, main support player custa retired and joined the Overwatch League's on-air talent team as a desk analyst. The new signings put the Valiant roster at nine players, just above the league minimum of eight players per team. RAin is the team's only main support now.
The Valiant also revealed a color rebranding today. The announcements came after the rebrand and the players were revealed with the new branding.
Their first match of the season is February 8 against the Dallas Fuel in Dallas.
- Damon "Apply" Conti (DPS)
- Kyle "KSF" Frandanisa (DPS)
- Johannes "Shax" Nielsen (DPS)
- Caleb "McGravy" McGarvey (Off-tank)
- Song "Dreamer" Sang-lok (Tank)
- Rick "GIG" Salazar (Tank)
- Moon "Lastro" Jung-won (문정원) (Flex Support)
- Owen "Slur" Warner (Flex Support)
- Park "RAin" Jae-ho (박재호) (Support)
Their coaches are: