The London Spitfire has announced the signing of their Overwatch League roster.
The Kongdoo roster is regarded as one of the best in Korea, with the results to prove it. They placed second at OGN Apex Season 3 as Kongdoo Panthera, and third at OGN Apex Season 4 as Cloud9 Kongdoo. They've made playoffs at every APEX season since the first.
All but one of GC Busan will play for the Spitfire. This includes DPS players Profit and Hooreg, Tanks Gesture and WOOHYAL, and supports HaGoPeun and CLOSER. Tank Ariel will not join the squad, due to his age.
GC Busan were the first royal roaders of Korean Overwatch, taking first place at OGN Apex Season 4, after their second place finish at OGN APEX Challengers Season 4. They also took victory at the Chinese APAC Premier 2017, in a rematch with APEX Finalist RunAway.
Rounding out the roster are flex player Fury and support NUS. Fury played for Team Liquid before their disbanding after Contenders Season Zero North America. NUS played for Meta Athena until his departure in June of this year.
An announcement is pending regarding the Spitfire staff.
The final London Spitfire roster is:
- Park "Profit" Joon-Yeong (DPS)
- Lee "Hooreg" Dong-Eun (DPS)
- Kim "Birdring" Ji-hyuk (DPS)
- Kin "Rascal" Dong-jun (DPS)
- Kim "Fury" Jun-Ho (Flex)
- Baek "Fissure" Chan-hyung (Tank)
- Hong "Gesture" Jae-Hee (Tank)
- Sung "WOOHYAL" Seung-Hyun (Tank)
- Jo "HaGoPeun" Hyeon-Woo (Support)
- Jung "CLOSER" Won-Sink (Support)
- Seung "Bdosin" Choi-tae (Support)
- Jong-Seok "NUS" Kim (Support)