The Dallas Fuel have announced the departures of head coach KyKy and DPS Rascal from the team. Assistant coach Peak will act as interim head coach while the team interviews candidates for the now vacant position.
Coach Kyle Souder and DPS Player Dong-jun "Rascal" Kim have been released from the Dallas Fuel:https://t.co/SzLWUlXHZC— Dallas Fuel (@DallasFuel) April 16, 2018
hastr0, the team's owner and CEO, provided his thoughts in a tweet:
These decisions were not easy and ones that our team did not want to have to make, but both releases were necessary and collectively decided on by our active team. Both KyKy and Rascal are both amazing talents. We wish them the best.
The Dallas Fuel struggled in the later stages of Stage 2 following a brief streak of wins against the Shanghai Dragons and Los Angeles Gladiators in Week 1. The Fuel did not find another victory against a team until their rematch against the Shanghai Dragons in Week 1 of Stage 3.
In addition to these recent departures, the team has announced the addition of former Meta Gaming coach Vol'Jin as one of the team's new assistant coaches, with his arrival to the Overwatch League campus in Burbank expected within a few weeks, pending visa approval.
The Dallas Fuel is now:
- Kim "EFFECT" Hyeon (DPS)
- Timo "Taimou" Kettunen (DPS)
- Dylan "aKm" Bignet (DPS)
- Pongphop "Mickie" Rattanasangohod (Flex)
- Brandon "Seagull" Larned (Flex)
- Christian "cocco" Jonsson (Tank)
- Son "OGE" Min-seok (손민석) (Tank)
- Sebastian "chipshajen" Widlund (Support)
- Benjamin "uNKOE" Chevasson (Support)
- Jonathan "HarryHook" Tejedor Rua (Support)
- Emanuel "Peak" Uzoni (Interim Head Coach)
- Kang "Vol'Jin" Min-Gyu (강민규) (Assistant Coach)
- Dong-hwan "Violet" Kim (Life Coach/Player Manager)