The starters for the Overwatch League All-Star Game's Atlantic and Pacific teams have been revealed. Additionally, the head coach for each team has also been announced.
The Atlantic and Pacific Divisions starters are set for the All-Star Game powered by @IntelGaming!— Overwatch League (@overwatchleague) May 2, 2019
Plus, additional details on custom games, legendary skins, and double League Tokens.
Learn more here: https://t.co/uvUd34LrqH pic.twitter.com/Rc2Recg5W2
The starting roster for each division is as follows:
- Lee "Carpe" Jae-hyeok (이재혁) (DPS, Philadelphia Fusion)
- Kim "Pine" Do-hyun (김도현) (DPS, New York Excelsior)
- Gael "Poko" Gouzerch (Off-tank, Philadelphia Fusion)
- Cameron "Fusions" Bosworth (Tank, Boston Uprising)
- Bang "JJoNaK" Sung-hyeon (방성현) (Flex Support, New York Excelsior)
- Hong "ArK" Yeon-joon (Support, Washington Justice)
- Yu "Pavane" Hyeon-sang (유현상) (Head Coach, New York Excelsior)
- Yi "JinMu" Hu (易虎) (DPS, Chengdu Hunters)
- Kim "Fleta" Byung-sun (김병선) (DPS, Seoul Dynasty)
- Ding "Ameng" Menghan (丁蒙涵) (Tank, Chengdu Hunters)
- Xu "guxue" Qiulin (徐秋林) (Tank, Hangzhou Spark)
- Ryu "ryujehong" Je-hong (류제홍) (Flex Support, Seoul Dynasty)
- Li "Yveltal" Xianyao (李先曜) (Support, Chengdu Hunters)
- Hwang "paJion" Ji-Sub (황지섭) (Head Coach, Vancouver Titans)
Most notable in the list of All-Star starters may be who isn't there rather than who is there. No players from the undefeated Vancouver Titans are among the Pacific team's starters. Additionally, there are no players from the Shock, who have currently yet to lose a map in Stage 2, among the Pacific team's starters.
Six of last year's 12 All-Star starters return to the game's starting lineups this year, including four from the Atlantic Division. The returning All-Star starters are Pine, Carpe, JJoNaK and ArK from the Atlantic Division and Fleta and ryujehong from the Pacific Division.
There will be no North American players starting in this year's All-Star Game. Two players are European, four are Chinese and six are Korean.
Five rookies were selected as starters for this year's All-Star game, including all four Chinese players. The only other rookie was Fusions from the Boston Uprising.
The All-Star Game begins on Thursday, May 16 at 6 p.m. PDT. All-Star festivities begin the day before that, on Wednesday.