All grown up!— Third Impact (@ThirdImpactGG) May 22, 2020
We are proud to announce that @zYKK_ will be competing in the @overwatchleague as he joins @TorontoDefiant! Even with just 14 days, we know you’ll make an impact.#PrepareForImpact pic.twitter.com/sWVvG19yoR
zYKK joined the Defiant shortly before the May Melee and made his debut match with the team in the opening game of the melee. He played Echo and Mei for much of the match.
He previously played for Third Impact in Contenders North America. He and his teammates made the finals in two-straight weeks of Contenders, winning the Contenders tournament in Week 2.
He is the fifth DPS to join the Defiant, although one of the Defiant's DPS -- Mangachu -- is also serving as a coach. The Defiant have 10 players on their roster at the moment.
He is currently on a 14-day contract and thus his future beyond the May Melee is currently unknown. The Overwatch League has not revealed the schedule beyond this weekend's tournament.
zYKK is playing in his second match with the Defiant in a tournament match against the Atlanta Reign.
- Andreas "Logix" Berghmans (DPS)
- Brady "Agilities" Girardi (DPS)
- Lane "Surefour" Roberts (DPS)
- Thomas "zYKK" Hosono (DPS)
- Andreas "Nevix" Karlsson (Off-tank)
- Adam "Beast" Denton (Tank)
- Park "KariV" Young-seo (박영서) (Flex Support)
- Park "RoKy" Joo-seong (박주성) (Support)
- Harrison "Kruise" Pond (Support)
Their coaches are: