The LA Valiant have mutually parted ways with Assistant Coach Dongsu Shin. We thank Dongsu for his contributions to the Valiant and wish him the best for the future.— Los Angeles Valiant (@LAValiant) April 30, 2019
The Valiant parted ways with Moon following an 0-7 Stage 1. Since then, Packing10 has served as the team's interim head coach.
While they have secured their first win since the departure of Moon, the Valiant haven't returned to the level of success they found in the Overwatch League's inaugural season. They are 2-4 in Stage 2 and are 18th in the league on the season with a 2-11 record.
DongSu's dismissal leaves the Valiant with no Korean coaches, despite five of the team's nine players coming from South Korea.
The Valiant signed former Mayhem assistant coach Promise as an assistant coach of their own earlier this month. That was the only made to the franchise's roster or coaching staff between the departure of Moon and the departure of DongSu.
There is still one more match for the Valiant in Stage 2. They play the Chengdu Hunters on May 4.
- Brady "Agilities" Girardi (DPS)
- Chae "Bunny" Joon-hyuk (채준혁) (DPS)
- Kyle "KSF" Frandanisa (DPS)
- Park "KariV" Young-seo (박영서) (Flex)
- Kim "KuKi" Dae-keuk (김대극) (Flex)
- Indy "SPACE" Halpern (Off-tank)
- Koo "Fate" Pan-seung (구판승) (Tank)
- Kim "Izayaki" Min-chul (김민철) (Flex Support)
- Scott "Custa" Kennedy (Support)