The Overwatch League has awarded Role Stars honors to 12 players, while giving honorable mentions to 12 others. The role stars are as follows:
- Corey (Washington Justice)
- DDing (Shanghai Dragons)
- Haksal (Vancouver Titans)
- sinatraa (San Francisco Shock)
- ChoiHyoBin (San Francisco Shock)
- guxue (Hangzhou Spark)
- Mano (New York Excelsior)
- super (San Francisco Shock)
- iDK (Hangzhou Spark)
- KariV (Los Angeles Valiant)
- Moth (San Francisco Shock)
- Twilight (Vancouver Titans)
Additionally, four players in each role were named as honorable mentions. Those players are as follows:
- diem (DPS, Shanghai Dragons)
- ErsTer (DPS, Atlanta Reign)
- Jinmu (DPS, Chengdu Hunters)
- Rascal (DPS, San Francisco Shock)
- Ameng (Tank, Chengdu Hunters)
- Bumper (Tank, Vancouver Titans)
- Fury (Off-tank, London Spitfire)
- JJANU (Off-tank, Vancouver Titans)
- JJoNak (Flex support, New York Excelsior)
- Shu (Flex support, Guangzhou Charge)
- SLIME (Support, Vancouver Titans)
- Viol2t (Flex support, San Francisco Shock)
Four of the five MVP candidates were given Role Stars awards. The one exception was Titans off-tank JJANU, who was an honorable mention.
The San Francisco Shock received the most Role Stars awards as four different Shock players were given the title. The only players from Shock's starting six in Stages 1 through 3 who weren't Role Stars were DPS Rascal and flex support Viol2t. Both players were honorable mentions.
The Vancouver Titans and the Hangzhou Spark also had multiple Role Stars. Both teams had two Role Stars. Three other players on the Titans were honorable mentions.
Despite making it into the Overwatch League's top six and automatically qualifying for the playoffs, no players on the Gladiators or the Reign were named Role Stars. One player on the Reign, DPS ErsTer, was an honorable mention.
The Overwatch League website listed stats that contributed to the naming of each Role Star. All 12 players will receive special recognition in the 2020 season.