Welcome KUKI— Runaway(러너웨이) (@Runaway_OW) July 25, 2019
Former overwatch league player kuki has become coach of runnaway pic.twitter.com/UHkBfc4DAk
KuKi joins following one and a half seasons of Overwatch League play in which he played main tank and main support. He was on the Dynasty's inaugural roster and played several matches that season as main tank. He was traded to the Valiant in the following offseason and wound up playing main support for the Valiant in several of their matches.
He retired from professional play earlier this month. KuKi last played on stage in March when he appeared for the Valiant in Stage 1 Week 4.
KuKi has experience with two RunAway players: QOQ and Yaki. He was teammates of both players back in 2017 when all three were on MVP Space.
He is the team's lone coach. They haven't had a coach since Yang1 left with the rest of the previous RunAway roster to join the Vancouver Titans in the Overwatch League. That was in October of 2018.
RunAway are currently 3-1 in Contenders Korea. Their next match is later this week against the undefeated O2 Blast.
- Jeong "Heesu" Hee-su (정희수) (DPS)
- Kim "Yaki" Jun-gi (김준기) (DPS)
- Kim "Assassin" Sung-won (김성원 (DPS)
- Yu "QOQ" Sung-joon (유성준) (Off-tank)
- Kim "Mag" Tae-sung (김태성) (Tank)
- Gang "GangNamJin" Nam-jin (강남진) (Flex Support)
- Lee "LeeJaeGon" Jae-gon (이재곤) (Support)
They are coached by:
- Kim "KuKi" Dae-keuk (김대극) (Coach)