Specifically, the semis and finals for the first 2 stages of the season, and the All-Star Game, will air on ABC. ESPN2 will carry stage 3 finals, and Disney XD will air 3 games weekly, 1 on Thursdays and 2 on Sundays. That's it for linear.— Ben Fischer (@BenFischerSBJ) February 7, 2019
Season 2 of the @overwatchleague will once again air on the ESPN app, with three games a week airing on @DisneyXD, the Stage 1 and 2 finals on ABC and the Stage 3 finals on ESPN2 with more announcements to come:https://t.co/F22kiTfIHT pic.twitter.com/Nyy04tmN1y— ESPN Esports (@ESPN_Esports) February 7, 2019
The full ESPN report gives more details about what broadcast stations will air Overwatch League matches. They are as follows:
- All matches will be available to view on the ESPN app.
- Three matches per week will be broadcast on Disney XD, with the the final match each Thursday beginning at 11:30 p.m. Eastern along with the first two matches every Sunday starting at 3 p.m Eastern.
- The semifinals and finals for Stages 1 and 2 as well as the All-Star Game will air on ABC.
- ESPN 2 will broadcast the Stage 3 finals.
- The broadcast schedules for Homestand Weekends, season playoffs and the finals will be announced at a later date.
All matches throughout the season will be broadcast on Twitch. The Overwatch League and Twitch are on the second year of a two-year deal that guaranteed Twitch and Major League Gaming -- a streaming platform owned by Activision Blizzard -- would have exclusive streaming rights to the Overwatch League.
Currently, a preseason Community Countdown is underway featuring a number of Overwatch streamers, including ZP Jayne, and ChanmanV.
The regular season of the Overwatch League play begins on February 14.