JAM Gaming, once a staple name in the Oceanic scene, have made their return to Overwatch. The organisation has picked up the Contenders Australia squad formerly known as Witchhunt, the top team from Trials Australia.
Back to where it all began... 🔄⌚— Just a Minute Gaming (@JAMGamingAU) March 9, 2018
🎉 Presenting JAM Overwatch for OCE Contenders Season 1! 🎉
📣 @Whipply#STJ @Blizzard_ANZ pic.twitter.com/Pw1NarHFHv
Headed by team captain Cazzette, JAM's newly acquired roster finished Trials Australia with a flawless 7-0 record. Two former players have been reunited with the organisation as a part of the signing, namely Aetar and Render. Aetar played with the JAM iteration that went on to compete in the Pacific Championship under Blank Esports, while Render spent time with the organisation in early 2017.
JAM will play their first Contenders match against the Sydney Drop Bears on the 12th of March. Expectations are high after a strong performance in Trials, although taking on the Oceanic scene's best teams in Contenders will prove to be a greater challenge.
The new JAM Gaming roster is:
- Ajay "Aetar" Umasankar (DPS)
- Alexander "Render" Donevski (DPS)
- Sean "Crimzonwolf" Wai (Flex)
- Thomas "Virginya" Hanrahan (Tank)
- James "SleepEasy" Zhang (Support)
- Harry "Cazzette" Smith (Support)
- Jeremy "Kaimore" Cheah (Substitute)
- Blake "Loon" Godenzi (Substitute)
- Bailey "Birdy" Metcalfe (Coach)
- Alex "StunneR" Yang (Coach)
- Caitlyn "Whipply" Bright (Manager)