Nexus Cup Summer is underway, with the first day of the Chinese qualifier drawing to a close. The Nexus Cup series pits Chinese and Korean teams against each other in online tournaments, with the Koreans currently enjoying bragging rights over their Chinese rivals after winning the past four cups.
The qualifiers, running from the eighth to the eleventh of July, will whittle down sixteen Chinese teams to the four that will participate alongside four Korean teams. Matches are played in a single elimination format, with all games being decided by a best-of-three maps. Two victories will qualify a team for the main event, in which they will be randomly seeded against a Korean team and compete for a share of a ¥80,000 CNY($11,760 USD~) prize pool. Every match in the tournament will start off on Horizon Lunar Colony, the newest map in Overwatch.
A full schedule for the qualifiers can be found below:
Saturday - July 8th
Sunday- July 9th
- 18:00 CST RO16 - Miracle Team One vs Invictus Gaming Fire
- 19:00 CST RO16 - Team Celestial vs LinGan Esports
- 20:00 CST RO16 - Black Ananas vs LGD Gaming
Monday - July 10th
- 17:00 CST RO16 - Miraculous Youngster vs wNv.CN
- 18:00 CST RO16 - FTD Club vs NGA.Scythe
- 19:00 CST RO16 - Lucky Future vs Light Gaming
- 20:00 CST RO8 - Vici Gaming vs Star Horn Royal Club
Tuesday - July 11th
Notable teams participating in the Chinese qualifier include LGD Gaming, runners-up of the Spring Premier Series, and Lucky Future, bronze finalists of the same tournament. No Korean teams have been officially confirmed as of yet, but rumors have emerged on Inven that RunAway, Meta Athena and Kongdoo Uncia have accepted invitations to play in the main event.