Contenders China Season 2 may have drawn to a close this week but don't fear, as the LanStory Cup is set to provide more Chinese Overwatch for your viewing pleasure. Four of China's best teams are set to compete in the second event in the LanStory Cup series, hosted in Guangzhou's Nan Fung International Convention & Exhibition Center. Stakes are sure to be high, as the victor will bring home the majority of the event's 50,000 CNY ($7,809~ USD) prizepool.
Teams will compete in a single elimination bracket, including a 3rd place match for those who fall in the opening round. All matches will start off on an Arena map and will be played in a best-of-five maps format.
Each participant earned an invite to the event through a series of online qualifiers held earlier this year. Notably absent are the two finalists from Contenders China Season 2. Lucky Future Zenith automatically earned an invite to the LanStory Cup Annual Finals after sweeping the first event of the series earlier this year, while LGD were eliminated in the round of 8 by LinGan e-Sports.
- Team CC Team CC Contenders CN Rank #4
- The One Winner The One Winner Inactive
- LGE.Huya LGE.Huya Contenders CN Rank #1
- Moss Seven Club Moss Seven Club Inactive
Friday- August 31st
- 05:00 EDT / 11:00 CEST / 17:00 CST - Semifinal - Team CC vs T1w
Saturday - September 1st
- 01:00 EDT / 07:00 CEST / 13:00 CST - Semifinal - LinGan e-Sports vs Moss Seven Club
- 07:00 EDT / 13:00 CEST / 19:00 CST - Third Place Match - TBD vs TBD
Sunday - September 2nd
- 04:00 EDT / 10:00 CEST / 16:00 CST - Grand Final - TBD vs TBD
The 50,000 CNY ($7,809~ USD) prize pool will be distributed as shown below:
- 1st: ¥ 30,000 ($4,685 USD~)
- 2nd: ¥ 15,000 ($2,343 USD~)
- 3rd: ¥ 15,000 ($781 USD~)
- 4th: ¥ 0
Matches will be streamed in Chinese at zhanqi.tv/tcms/OWLSC.