So i think its time to do the over.gg community power rankings for OWL S2. Rules are easy list the teams from better to worse along the all season ( so overall regular season power rankings and not stage 1 power rankings) in your opinions and maybe with a comment.
- Los Angeles Gladiators: most solid and consistent team. Best Offseason moves overall. Great coaching staff. Maybe they will not win stages but they will perform always at the top
- New York XL: A lot of great players. Too many stars dps. Could become a problem. Still the strongest team on paper but imho less consistent than Gladiators
- Hangzhou Sparks: Bold opinion 1, Great dps Great Main Tanks, Great Main supp. Revenge Bebe and Ria are really good too. Also great coaching staff.
- Philadelphia Fusion: Carpe Eqo best dps duo. But no improvement overall. They look even worse than last year .
- Los Angeles Valiant: Super solid tank and support line. Dps are a big question mark. They look a lot like Philly.
- Atlanta Reign: Bold opinion 2. They will start slow but the tank+support+flexdps will be top tier. I have no faith in Dafran but Nlaeer will rock on hitscan.
- London Spitfire: No Bold opion. Spitfire stage 4 was a disaster( 9th place) they are inconsistent and overrated. Great highs but also very low lows.
- Paris Eternal: Every time i heard people saying that their tank line is weak or that is unknow who will play as starter on main tank or that LhCloudy is unproven i wanna rip my eyes and ears off. LhCloudy is a GREAT AND PROVEN main tank a lot better than BenBest on both Rein and Wiston. Flex Supports is a question mark. But they have a top 3 coaching staff.
- Guangzhou Charge: The dps line is stacked, solid support, and solid tank line. The korean players alreasy know english so there is not a communication problem( maybe is different for the 2 chinese players but still there will be few communication problems)
- Boston Uprising: I dont understand why people dont have faith. You can say a lot of things to Hulk but he is a great scout. He already proved it. For sure not low tier as some people are saying.
- Toronto Defiant: Barroi+aggressive style+some players that will surprise ( Yakpung, Ivy etc...) + Envy and Neko
- San Francisco Shock: Too much dps is not a great thing. They will do really well but internal issues will happen. Also i dont think they have a top tier main tank.
- Vancouver Titans: Yeah yeah Runaway hype. Great team, but i dont see why they should be upper than Guanzhou who has a core that made top 4 both Contenders season and had some great players not from meta coming in ( Hotba, Kyb, Eileen, etc..). They did not make improvements.
- Washington Justice: Good coaching staff, SanSam will do great. I have faith in Stratus too. Ado overrated.
- Dallas Fuel: Oge and Effect higly overrated. rCk is great. Support line looks very strong too. Coaching staff overrated.
- Chengdu Hunters: They are a bit of a question mark mode. I wann see how Jinmu YXL and main tanks will perform. Faith in Yvetal Lateyoung and Garry. They have lost a lot of players due to various reason ( Sky, Krystal, Beast, Silk) but i kinda have some sort of good feelings for them.
- Seoul Dynasty: Man they improved a lot their tanks and shotcaller problems. But Jehong and the dps lineup are still issues.
- Shanghai Dragons: Budget Koong Doo Panthera. Diem is really good but they will NOT be a top team like people are saying. On paper they will have a lot of troubles with the tank line. Even worse situation than Vancouver at least VT has not be downgraded)
- Florida Mayhem: R2der fire was a good move ( i still think he is a good coach but not in this enviroment). But still... Honestly i loved the team besides the youtube videos, all great guys but this was not the way to operate. Still big Faith in TviQ and hope something will change mid-ride. Until Sayaplayer will stay the team FM will not succed.
- Houston Outlaws: Danteh is a good add but still this team wails mediocrity all over.
Obviously all my idea are personal and were a bit salty on purpose haha. Cant wait to see your power rankings :D