- The skill rating of the top 100 players from every country determined the 32 participants for the group stages.
- A snake draft created the group placements for each country.
- This year, instead of voting on players directly, viewers voted on a three person committee from a predetermined group to choose the team for them.
- Each qualifier contained 2 groups
- Each group played a round robin 4-map set
- Tiebreakers occur once all group stage matches have been played
- The top 2 teams proceed to playoffs
- if two teams in a group have the same number of map wins, it will be decided by the head-to-head matchup and if necessary, a tiebreaker match.
- Matches were structured as such: Hybrid->Control->Assault->Escort
- Available Maps
- Hybrid (King's Row, Numbani, Hollywood)
- Control (Ilios, Lijiang Tower, Nepal)
- Assault (Horizon Lunar Colony, Volskaya Industries)
- Escort (Dorado, Route 66)
- Bo5 Single Elimination
- The first place team from the first group faces the second place team from the second group and vice versa.
- The winners of each match qualify for the Blizzcon Final
- The 8 teams that qualified from the group stages meet during Blizzcon
- Matches were drawn during week 2 of Overwatch Contenders Season One
- Matches will play out in single elimination Bo5 playoffs