Look up top...we've added Rankings!
Automatically generated from the results recorded on our match ticker and using a straightforward implementation of the Elo rating system with a few caveats:
- Considers the margin of victory in a fixture
- Considers home field advantage for intercontinental online matches
- High K-factor means that the rating should better represent the turbulent state of Overwatch
Team profiles have also received an update:
- Added rating panel (hover over points in the graph to see match details, click to go to that match)
- Added map performance panel showing win-loss-draw rates over various timeframes
As always we'd love to hear your feedback and answer any questions you may have. I've tried to preempt a few of the most likely ones...
Where is team x?
Teams must have at least 3 matches played in our database.
These ratings are trash! Have you got anything vetted by a curly haired Yorkshire man?
I trust machines even less than I trust Sideshow, so this is definitely not the end of the over.gg World Rankings. These new rankings are another tool you can use to get a sense of the state of competitive Overwatch.
I came first, what do I win?
A lovely bowl of kimchi.