Often times people announce a news early in the forums and the "official" over.gg article arrives a few hours / days later.
I have no problem with that (fact checking, and Scruba probably has a life) but the issue is that for most news we have two discussions threads, sometimes they both have separates comments, sometimes the article comes too late and there's nothing much to add about it, sometimes we repeat things.
I went back two weeks in the forums to look for examples :
- the recent "Kryw" article has 0 comments because the discussion already happened in a separate thread (7 comments)
- two separate threads with the exact same title and 5-6 comments each : "shadder2k joins Team Gigantti"
- "NRG signs Rascal", 8 comments and "Rascal signs with NRG Esports", 11 comments
I don't have a specific solution but there could be an optional "link" feature, in which the article would link to the existing discussion thread and import its already ongoing discussion
- either by fusing both threads
- either by linking both threads and closing the first one from further comments